Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Great Melt Down Or Greed and More Greed


This week I must admit I had a sudden panic attack when I heard the 5:30 news on CFRA talking about the markets. I thought this is it the end is near. As I sipped my morning coffee and listened to all the doom and gloom I decided that I would take a step back from the radio and the hype and really think about the situation.

My wife has an expression in which she says " all will be well". I thought about that for a moment and decided, the hell with it. All will be well. I instantaneously felt a heck of lot better and decided that it would, regardless of how much the media told me I would soon be out on the street. Wouldn't you know it. The market is up today and oil is down and we still have an election on and the cat still wants to go outside for a walk. Ground hog day once again.

I stepped into the shower and as I was washing my face I heard the little voice in my head. It said " all will be well". I know I married an amazing women and now I know why. When she looks at me and says those four words I feel much better.

To this great planet of ours, even those greedy bastards that took us for a ride, those over promising politicians and those of us who are just working stiffs that go to the office each day and grind out more hamburger I give you this thought. When life hands you a bunch of lemons, make lemonade and remember " all will be well".

Now to finish I have to laugh out loud and wonder. How is it that the President of Merell Lynch can make $197 million in one year and his company goes bankrupt the next and nobody, not even his shareholders say a word. If the markets are in a mess then we have no one to blame but ourselves and if we own shares in any of those companies it time to take stock and perhaps get your money out and buy Whole Foods or donate it to some great charity or buy a kid a new bike.

There is not much that can be said about greed only that it makes human kind do some pretty stupid things. Now if you had $197 million, bought the best BMW, a condo in the city of your choice, the villa in a warm climate and could do whatever you wanted. Don't you think you would be doing something better than stealing other people's money. Its pretty sad really because most of us can live quite nicely on $500,000. Pretty said really. Its really pretty, pretty sad.

Well don't worry we will just suck it up as " living the old American dream" and hope that " all will be well.

Kensel Tracy.com is a blog that records the musings of me Kensel J. Tracy. Its my legacy to the Internet and perhaps someday it may make some sense to someone who cares about what I write. In the meantime you can get some real meat at my other blogs. Until next time, have a nice moment.

No comments: